Two Carnivals of HR are up!
Posted by Mark Bennett on June 17, 2010
There are two new Carnivals of HR up. The first is last week’s HR Freaks carnival, posted by Erik Samdahl. Erik has assembled 30 contributed posts on a huge range of HR topics and written a helpful, brief intro to each, so check it out. All the posts are great, but we’d like to call out:
- Michael Haid’s How to Hire for Cultural Fit.
- Mary Jo Asmus’ Now, Embrace Your Weaknesses.
- Mark Vickers’ The Crummy State of Talent Management Metrics (and What to Do About It).
- Cathy Missildine-Martin’s Why Does Strategy Puddle Instead of Trickle?
The next Carnival of HR is this week’s Social Media Edition, brought to you by Trish McFarlane. Trish has assembled a bunch of great posts about ways in which people have proven value from social media in their business and provided a great introduction to each. Here are some notable ones:
- Bill Boorman’s Stop the Social Recruiting BS.
- Ben Eubanks’ ‘That Social Media Thing‘.
- Lyn Hoyt’s Our Slow Move Online and Discovery of Social Media.
- Kevin Grossman’s ‘Don’t Over-think Your Social Media Efforts. Keep It Simple, Real, and Human.’
Both of these Carnivals of HR offer a terrific opportunity for you to get a great sample of a variety of perspectives, thinking, and just plain good writing. Who knows? Maybe you’ll discover a great blog you never heard of before.