The net worth of your network
Posted by Sri Subramanian (@whosissri) on July 30, 2011
Social currency, in spite of the word social in there, is not online presence. It is simply the power of one’s network – online or offline. It did not have a fancy name, but was recognized since my grandfather’s days as:
- People who you don’t know have the power to shape your future. Get to know them, and be known by them.
- Build a supportive community around you of people you like, and who like you.
- People who know of you, don’t always know you. Share who you are, what you have done, and what you want to do. It will help them know and help you.
- Learn that building relationships starts with small meaningful encounters that go well, and leave a positive impression.
- Help others. Your good karma will come back to you when you least expect it.
Question: In today’s world of interconnected, geographically removed people, is this possible without an online presence?
This entry was posted on July 30, 2011 at 2:21 am and is filed under social network, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.